ANC initiated the operational sludge landspreading without incorporation in the forest program in 2000. At Block 1047 located at approximately km 153 on the ANC Resources Road the following activities occurred:
- 32 plots at various application rates
- 5 plots received 50 t/ha
- 4 plots received 30 t/ha
- 4 plots received 20 t/ha
- 3 plots received 15 t/ha
- 4 plots received 10 t/ha
- 12 control plots received 0 t/ha
- Baseline soil samples were collected from 4 locations prior to sludge application and again in September, 2001.
- Surface soil samples were collected in August, 2002
- No sampling was conducted between 2003 and 2010.
- Eight hundred trees (25 per plot) were tagged and measured prior to sludge application in 2001.
- Measurements were repeated in September 2001, and annually between 2002 and 2007 and again in 2010.
Although there was a difference between the sludge treated areas and the control, there was very little difference between treatments, which was likely impacted by the application process.